Monday, April 02, 2012

Habits and Change - Be A Slave to Good Habits

Things don't change if things don't change.

That's a little mantra that I learned a while back in Mr. Thompson's leadership class in high school. I took the class as an easy A. I was in the class with one of my best friends, Mr. Thompson's son. The subject, and the fact that one of my best friend's dads was teaching class seemed like a perfect combination for fun with little effort. What I didn't realize was that I would learn some really good life lessons. I would learn things that would stick with me for the rest of my life.

One of those was the phrase I started this post with. I'm not perfect, nor do I have all the answers, but I'm trying, most of the time. If you know me, you've probably heard me say this phrase to you. It's entirely true, good or bad.

I'm not entirely an Anthony Robbins fan, but here's a quote that I reblogged on my tumblr page, that kind of means the same thing.

I posted this a while back on my tumblr page.

I just read a really good post over at Lifehacker titled "The Right Habits". This reading reaffirmed my little phrases above and brought to light some other things like "keystone habits" and "small victories". I'll share the video posted as well, but I still think you better go read it. :-)



I will end this post with a quote that a commenter left on that article.

"If I must be a slave to habit, let me be a slave to good habits."
- Og Mandino

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...