- B.J. Thomas was one of my grandmother's favorites. And I grew to love "Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head" too.
- The above two 45's were my mothers and I would listen to them on her little record player that could close up and carry it like a lunchbox. Even back then I knew that the Chuck Berry song was wrong, but it was still a good song. And that Box Tops song, I remember singing along with it over and over.
- THE GAMBLER! I remember singing and dancing to this in the living room. I think my sister might even have joined in.
- Eddie Rabbit had a great tune with "I Love A Rainy Night" and I would sing and dance to it. I still dig this song.
- This album is full of hits. More singing and dancing. I still have very fond memories of Bruce's version of "Santa Claus Is Coming To Town."
- The last batch of albums were ones that I heard parts of as a kid, but I remember them more for their vivid album covers. I would pull various albums out and look at them and put them back. I'm sure they were in order, but with kids around I'm sure that was a never ending battle for dad.
Check back next week as I get into the next section of music for my teen years. You'll be smiling I'm sure.