Friday, June 10, 2011

Music in my life, throughout the years. [photo friday]

Yesterday I had this great idea to share the various album covers of the music that I have listened to as a kid. But when I got to thinking and researching it I started remembering all these other album covers as well. So, I decided that I'm going to do a Photo Friday series on the album covers that have been in my life since birth and some stories that go along with them. This first part will be the early days. Enjoy. - jdm.

greatest_hits_CD_large.jpg
- B.J. Thomas was one of my grandmother's favorites. And I grew to love "Raindrops Keep Falling On My Head" too.

the-box-tops-the-letter-mala.jpg
1591388-chuck-berry-my-ding-a-ling.jpg
- The above two 45's were my mothers and I would listen to them on her little record player that could close up and carry it like a lunchbox. Even back then I knew that the Chuck Berry song was wrong, but it was still a good song. And that Box Tops song, I remember singing along with it over and over.

thegambler.jpg
- THE GAMBLER! I remember singing and dancing to this in the living room. I think my sister might even have joined in.

2468834-eddie-rabbitt-i-love-a-rainy-night.jpg
- Eddie Rabbit had a great tune with "I Love A Rainy Night" and I would sing and dance to it. I still dig this song.

Bruce-Springsteen-Born-In-The-Usa-Delantera.jpg
- This album is full of hits. More singing and dancing. I still have very fond memories of Bruce's version of "Santa Claus Is Coming To Town."

Bruce-Springsteen-The-River-FR.jpg
Led_Zeppelin-Houses_Of_The_Holy-Frontal (1973).jpg
Neil Young Harvest.jpg
Pink_Floyd_-_Wish_You_Were_Here_-_1a.jpg
The_Who-Who_s_Next-Frontal.jpg
000-pink_floyd-the_wall-2cd-remaste.jpg

Allman_Brothers_Band_Eat_A_Peach-[Front]-[www.FreeCovers.net].jpg
blindfaith.JPG
Bruce Springsteen - 1973 - The Wild, The Innocent, & The E Street Shuffle.JPG
- The last batch of albums were ones that I heard parts of as a kid, but I remember them more for their vivid album covers. I would pull various albums out and look at them and put them back. I'm sure they were in order, but with kids around I'm sure that was a never ending battle for dad.
Check back next week as I get into the next section of music for my teen years. You'll be smiling I'm sure.

Technorati : ,
Del.icio.us : ,
Zooomr : ,
Flickr : ,

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...