Friday, July 08, 2011

Music In My Life, Throughout the Years pt 2 [ music, photo friday ]

Here is part two of Music In My Life, Throughout the Years. In case you missed the first part, you can check it out here. Just go do it. I'll wait.

Here is music from elementary school. I'm sure a few friends might relate to some of these. Leave a comment at the bottom. Enjoy. - jdm

1296890348-98.jpg
- I don't remember this all too well. I remember the "Beat It" video and of course the "Bad" video, but I don't remember all of this album. I do, however, remember the Thriller VIEWMASTER. I googled it for you here. That was pretty intense. It had a mini record that played in the VIEWMASTER while you clicked through stills from the movie. YIKES!

hyt.jpg
Def_Leppard-Pyromania.jpg
- Who doesn't love Def Leppard? Anyhow... "Pour Some Sugar On Me" was out and I loved it and I even went back to the album prior because I loved them that much. Pyromania was a great album with hits like "Too Late For Love" and "Bringin' On The Heartache". I still can and will listen to Def Leppard.

poison.jpg
- I don't remember a ton about this album other than I traded some new fangled action figures for a dubbed copy of this. Serious.

batdance.jpg
- I don't remember a ton about this either. I remember owning this casette single and I remember dancing to it. "Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight? I ask that question of all my prey."

mchammer434008.jpg
Vanilla Ice To The Extreme.jpg
61pSmqrnm5L._SS500_.jpg
- I remember M.C. Hammer quite fondly. I think we were going to do a lip synch to this in 4th grade but ended up swapping it out for Right Said Fred. I THINK... not a fact. Don't snicker quite yet. Shortly thereafter became the love for the V.I.P. Serious. I dug his music and his rhymes. And he was the gateway to the TMNT soundtrack. You guys should go back and give that a spin. Technotronic is on it. You know, the "Pump Up The Jam" folks.

1504551-warrant-cherry-pie.jpg
- I remember showing up one morning to my fellow crossing guard 5th graders with this fine little gem in my hand. I'm pretty sure I got ridiculed, but I didn't care. This was awesome.

Alright... I'm stretching this into a 3rd week, at least.... Thanks for coming with me on this journey. See you next week.

ps. Are you a music fan? Check out my wordless wednesday posts. Drop me a line or message me on Twitter if you have a group to suggest.

Technorati : , , , , , , , , ,
Del.icio.us : , , , , , , , , ,
Zooomr : , , , , , , , , ,
Flickr : , , , , , , , , ,

1 comment:

  1. Its great how I remember all of these as well. And to be quite honest most of these albums from all three lists are still on my iTunes/iPod. I love how they have made me such and eclectic music listener!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...