Tuesday, March 01, 2011

Totem - What would you bring?

If you were to find yourself somewhere else, another place, another time, what would you use as a reference to ground you and remind you of home?


Definition of TOTEM
1
a : an object (as an animal or plant) serving as the emblem of a family or clan and often as a reminder of its ancestry;also : a usually carved or painted representation of such an objectb : a family or clan identified by a common totemic object
2
: one that serves as an emblem or revered symbol

You move across the nation, across the world, and what do you bring with to ground you and to make you remember home and help you realize that everything will be all right? I think we all carry "totems," even in our everyday life. It could be something to remind you of home, of a loved one, of a memory, of a place, etc. The list goes on.

I have a few photos from my childhood that I have with me out here in CA. They remind me of a happier and more innocent time. It's easy to pine for those yesteryears. It's also easy for me to grumble along in my current state and be pissy because the world hasn't rained on me a pile of gold, wealth and fame. The difficult part is to take the happiness and the ease of life from my childhood and embrace it as an adult and live life with that same passion and carefree attitude.


Embrace that feeling and attitude of your past, and combine it with the knowledge and experience that you have gained.


Keep your top spinning.



0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...