Tuesday, September 28, 2010

When I Grow Up...

I've been thinking recently about where I am at in life. This is not a crisis, of any sort. This is just a mental checkpoint. I'm not trying to "keep up with the Joneses." I'm just being me.

Before the year ends I'll be 31. I still live with roommates. I am not married. I do not have any kids. I have a car payment. I pay rent. And I'm trying to get out of debt, and I'm succeeding. I'm around $50 from paying off m school loan completely.

I have a college degree. I have a wonderful job.

I have great friends and an awesome girlfriend, who I am sure I'm going to spend the rest of my life with.

sadie.jpg

I feel fine, but... am I where I should be? I guess the answer is yes. I am here and I am me, and that's exactly where I should be. I'm a fond believer of things happening for a reason, but right now I don't feel like I've grown up.

Maybe I have... I don't party every day, or even once a week. I try to go to bed by midnight. I eat bran flakes for breakfast. I love coffee. On my day off, I enjoy doing nothing.

I guess this is it. This is my life. I'm willing to accept that.

2birds.jpg

Technorati : ,
Del.icio.us : ,
Zooomr : ,
Flickr : ,

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...