Thursday, October 14, 2010

Right now I shouldn't be writing this.

I recently read an article about sleeping and all of the health benefits of it. It got me to thinking, "I don't do some of those things, and I wonder what would happen if I did?"

I didn't get all crazy and try to crack the code and check off all 33 things. I just started consciously thinking about them. And right now, since I'm tired, I should be sleeping, but I realized I haven't written in a while, so what better time than now.

So, one thing I have been trying to do was get to bed before midnight. I feel much better when I do go to bed early. The past couple of days I woke up without an alarm clock at 8 AM. That's a good time to wake up when you don't work 'til noon and even better when it's your day off.

... but I LOVE THE NIGHT TIME. Going to bed early makes me feel like I'm becoming old. Check out this post for further research on that.

Back to that sleeping article, I like drinking water so I don't think I'll stop doing that. I have a pretty strong bladder and have never got up in the middle of the night to relieve myself, well, maybe when I was 8 or something.

I'm thinking it might be pretty cool to sleep in complete darkness. I already wear ear plugs. I used to be a white noise kinda guy. I'd run a fan all year or have a humidifier run in the winter so the air wasn't so dry and crisp (this is back in the midwest). The fan worked in the summer, but in the winter I'd point it at the wall or the ceiling. Angel turned me on to earplugs because of her loud neighbors in K-Town. And then I embraced the idea and I'm not wasting electricity at night.

There are a handful of things in this article that seem a little odd, but I've been thinking about them. I just might try some more of them. I'll let you know how it works out. And you let me know how it works for you.

Here is that link, if you didn't catch it at the beginning, http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2010/10/02/secrets-to-a-good-night-sleep.aspx

ps. I'm feeling like doing a music post soon, so stay tuned for that.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...